This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following dataabout you:(a) information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://ib7at.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site;
(b) if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
(c) we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
(d) details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
(e) details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- 1.2 We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
2 Uses made of the information
2.1 The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside the Hong Kong
Special Administrative Region include:
- (a) ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (b) providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- (c) carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- (d) allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (e) designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- (f) complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
- (g) legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
- (h) researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- (i) promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details in clause 2.2 below); or
- (j) purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
2.2 We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- (a) your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- (b) the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed in direct marketing:
- (i) services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of);
- (ii) reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services; and
- (iii) invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
- (c) We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; or
actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- 4.2 A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- 4.3 We use the following cookies:
- (a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e- billing services.
- (b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- (c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- (d) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- 4.5 Our website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Please refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google.
- 4.6 You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- 5.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 5.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 7 Data transfers
We may hold your data on servers in Hong Kong, United States and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices or to any people listed at clause 3.1 above, who may be located in or outside of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.